Time Machine of Everyone,by Everyone, For Everyone.
- Study in photogrammetry
- We used photogrammetry to derive the unevenness of the city from aerial photographs of Shibuya in the 1960s. This method analyzed parallax information, shadows, and contrast of the photographs to create a 3D solid. Through this method, we can grasp the relationship of the height of each building, and use it as a guide for detailed model creation.
- A part of Shibuya at 1964 #1
- Our 3D model centers around Shibuya station, and spreads to capture a wide area of 800 meters by 500 meters. We began arranging the photographs by looking at which areas had the most information and detail. Large amounts of detail helped to create the most accurate 3D viewpoint possible. Based on these models, the streets of Shibuya in 1964 will be reproduced in three dimensions.
News / Event
About 1964 TOKYO VR
1964 is the year when the last Tokyo Olympic Games was held, and the year of the starting point of "Current Tokyo" when the capital highway was built. This project will utilize the latest technology to reproduce such a time with as "the cityscape in memory" using each single persons photograph. With the photo album sleeping in your closet and the photos stored by the company, we will create the townscape of the time with three dimensional data and let it be widely experienced.
1964 Shibuya VR is the first project of 1964 Tokyo VR
Creating with “everyone” together
Everyone who lived and worked in Tokyo around 1964 is providing photos and memories, everyone who is involved with the purpose and support of this project, and everyone with new technology helps to create "the cityscape at the time". Through everyone, the 1964 TOKYO VR will develop.
We are waiting for your cooperation with the aim of increasing our development.
"City of Memory" built by photos
We are looking for photographs of Tokyo over the past 20 years, with emphasis on the 10 years surrounding 1964. The process of gathering photographs to reproduce the past cityscape is now ongoing. The more we can collect, the better the reproduction and city outline will be.
- General incorporate corporation 1964TOKYO VR
- We have established the purpose of gathering past photos and images widely from individuals and corporations, reproducing the past cityscapes by virtual reality technology, and showing the wonderful transformation of the past cityscape into the present.
We will convert the photos of the city collected by modern 3D technology into VR and make it public so that people participating in the project can actually experience it.
Board Chairman: Toshio Tsuchiya, Seiichi Saito
Board Member: Daisuke Nagata